Public Sector > Housing Rent
The following are commonly used tests (grouped by type).
- Analytical review of rents received, including the size and profile of rents
- Age analysis and profile of arrears
- Proof of year-end arrears listing
- Estimate/assess the adequacy of provision against outstanding rents
- Reconcile housing rents received to ledger accounts, including voids, service charges, garages, etc.
- Calculate the length of time it takes to process claims and examine any oddities
- Identify unlet, void properties
- Identify records with missing information e.g., missing claim reference, date of birth
Gaps and Duplicates
- Isolate duplicate tenant names and addresses
- Identify duplicate rent accounts
- Isolate duplicate claims
Matching and Comparing
- Match with the property database to check the validity of property details