Distribution and Service
Distribution/Service companies have many of the standard ledgers, payroll, accounts payable, etc., which can be key concerns.
The following are commonly used tests (grouped by type).
- Extract select names from list to merge with word processor for promotions
- Combine extracted data from financial report for graphics presentations
- Automatically manage lists with select, extract, prints and count commands
- Merge audit verification letters with accounts and balances for external audit
- Generate multiple marketing mailings based on historical customer purchases
- Perform marketing tests with random name selection for promotional letters
- Create auto-extract of activity data for direct transfer to spreadsheet
- Generate sales/profitability reports by sales representative, product, customer
- Recap product sales by region, customer, category, etc.
- Identify high volumes by region, customer, category, etc.
- Extract all sales data for audit by customer, product, region, etc.
- Compare ratios of current sales to open receivable (high-low; low-high)
- Summarise shipments by warehouse for product distribution analysis
Sales Order Control
- Report on correlation between items shipped and items ordered
- Analyse open orders and open invoices by customer for credit control
- Isolate detail and average backlog by customer, item, location, etc.
- Reconcile booked items to inventory reserved (on hold) items
- Control Profits by calculating line item margins before shipment
- Analyse product demand by summarising products ordered by due date
- Create real time service tracking reports in any format to manage fieldwork
- Co-ordinate multiple service personnel to maximise performance in real time
- Quickly recap routes and times of service calls by employee, area, etc.
- Compare arrival and service times for field service representatives
- Calculate cost of service by call for labour, materials and transportation
- Compare service report time to time-card hours from payroll