Banking and Finance > Loans and Mortgages
The following tests apply to accounts intended for commercial and personal loans.
- Stratify balances and create a summary file
- Analyse balances and interest rates by risk rating
- Analyse the file over internal accounts and customer account types
- Analyse interest margin on accounts by type
- Analyse load portfolio by servicing officer, location, loan type, etc.
- Review and analyse underlying collateral on loans secured by accounts receivable and inventory
- Summarise load portfolio information based on data in any field
- Summarise loans by collateral and purpose to analyse portfolio risk
- Cast (or total) accrued interest, balance
- Reprove arrears calculations and reporting
- Check interest and service fee calculations
- Identify staff loans
- Identify large loans
- Identify loans with unusual interest rates
- Identify balances greater than original advance
- Identify negative balances
- Custom reports on new, renewed and past due loans
- Other useful tests include stratifying interest rates against each risk rating. Generally higher risk loans should bear a higher rate of interest. The analysis followed by exception testing can pick up anomalies or branches/individuals who are either risky or particularly prudent in their lending.
Matching and Comparing
- Using cross-matching techniques can pick up multiple loans to the same address
- Compare balances at different periods to identify movements