Banking and Finance > Investments
The following tests apply to accounts intended for interest-bearing deposits from customers.
- Stratify balances by size
- Group accounts by product type
- Age investment portfolio to analyse interest rate repricing risk
- Stratify portfolio by size
- Summarise portfolio by type, issuer, interest rate, maturity, etc.
- Create charts of investment portfolio information
- Cast (or total) accrued interest
- Prove interest capitalisation, charges
- Re-perform individual interest calculation
- Extract unusual interest rates or amounts.
- Identify/Summarise dormant accounts and identify transactions thereon.
- Identify negative balances
- Identify accounts with statements suppressed
- Identify records that are not complete or up-to-date
- Test for money laundering
Many of the previous tests are applicable to current or checking accounts. There are also a number of tests that can be carried out when searching for money laundering.
Other Applicable Tests
- Identify forward dated transactions
- Provide totals of forward dated transactions
- Identify overdue maturities
- Identify customers over their overdraft limit or customers with expired limits
- Identify dormant accounts and transactions thereon
- Re-perform currency conversions
- Provide details of currency exposure
- Test for cut-off