Audit and Accounting > Debtors
Debtors is one of the major areas of success with IDEA. The main objective is to check for the validity of items. This encompasses suppliers over-pricing, invalid invoices, frauds of various types, accidental duplication and simply picking up expenses out of control.
The following are commonly used tests (grouped by type).
- Analyse credit amount
- Stratify debit value by debtor amount and analyse any unusual items
- Summarise by debtor name
- Re-calculate debit value
- Isolate any credit values
- Isolate any zero values
- Test for any missing information from records
Gaps and Duplicates
- Test for duplicate debtor numbers
- Test for duplicate invoice numbers and/or amount
- Test for duplicate debtor names and addresses
- Purchases and Payments